It can be very overwhelming to think of all the meals that come along with the yom tov season, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to empower you and encourage you to eat mindfully:
· Keep traditional foods on the menu, while adding menu choices that align with your current meal plan. If you are joining a family for yom tov, you can offer to bring your preferred foods. It will be a big help for the hostess, and you’ll be sure you have the food choices you need.
· If you will be staying at a hotel, ensure that you have the following in place:
o Access to a refrigerator
o An appropriate area to have your meals if you need privacy. Consider booking a room that has a table and chairs.
o Ability to heat foods, if necessary
· If it is not possible to keep to the meal schedule included in your plan, work with your dietitian to modify the scheduling for the holidays.
· Do not skip meals. Make sure that you stick with your meal plan. Your body doesn’t realize that it’s holiday season and it doesn’t know that your daily schedule is different.
· Make sure to stay hydrated. With going to shul, napping in the afternoons, and the other activities that may take up your day, it can be easy to neglect drinking.
Wishing you a sweet new year!